Assured’s Top 11 reasons to invest in property
It’s always a good time to look at investing in property and you don’t have to be a property tycoon to do it. Many people who have come to Assured are ordinary mums and dads, singles, average income earners and so on. So if you’ve ever thought about investing in property, chances are it’s easier than you think.
1. Use the lenders money to buy your asset. Unlike many other types of investments property is an asset which is relatively easy to obtain a loan for.
2. Use other people’s money to pay off your asset. The great thing about investing in property is that because you are receiving rent, you’re using other people’s money to pay off your investment!
3. Use other people’s money to pay off your asset. The great thing about investing in property is that because you are receiving rent, you’re using other people’s money to pay off your investment!
4. Tax deductions Any money you spend on your investment property, including maintenance costs, depreciation and the interest is tax deductible against your income.
5. You’re investing in an appreciating asset Over time, property has proven to appreciate well. Whilst a new Ferrari may seem like a good idea, it will depreciate over time. Always look to invest in an appreciating asset.
6. A predictable investment Over the long term, investing in real estate has proven to be a reliable investment, making it a low risk option for investing.
7. Build wealth The equity you build in your investment property will grow over time and this will give you the opportunity to use that equity to purchase future properties. Even Donald Trump started somewhere.
8. Enjoy the benefits of a holiday home With more and more people enjoying ‘short holidays’ and long weekend getaways, purchasing a holiday home as an investment is becoming more popular. Not only do you get all the benefits of a regular investment property, there are times when you can enjoy using the property too!
9. Setup up for your retirement With good planning, investment properties can be a great source of reliable income, especially in your retirement.
10. Sack the boss and become a property investor Good property growth and rental returns are extremely achievable. If you’re serious about property investing, who knows, it could become your full time passion.
11. Earn money while you sleep If you have a great property manager, there is very little you will have to do to earn money from your investment property.
The information in this article is of a general nature only and does not consider your personal objectives, financial situation or particular needs.